Do you get that helpless feeling when your dog has diarrhea and everything you try to do just won’t seem to make him better? Are you looking for a way to gently relieve your dog’s diarrhea symptoms so you don’t have to depend on your vet for such a common ailment? Well, have I got a solution for you!
Here I’ll be showing the treatment I use when MY dog has diarrhea. It works within 24 hours and if you follow these steps, you’ll have YOUR dog feeling better fast. Here we go…
1. Keep Your Dog Hydrated: Give your water constantly. Diarrhea poses the rist of dehydration and that’s the first thing you’ll want to look out for. One particular solution that I give my dog when he has diarhea is a mixture of water, salt and sugar. The combination retains water in his system and keeps him hydrated and safe.
Pour a large glass of water. Add one teaspoon of salt. Add one tablespoon of sugar. Mix up the solution. The water will look cloudy. Pour the solution into your dog’s water bowl and see if he drinks it. If he refuses, give him regular water and monitor his drinking. He needs to drink.
2. Clean Up the Diarrhea Thoroughly: I know this part is rather unpleasant but it should be discussed. If your dog is having accidents in the house, you’ll want to clean up the mess with a good, strong bleach whenever possible. This not only removes any dangerous bacteria from your house, it also removes the odor. The odor is not only unpleasant for YOU to be around, it also triggered additional bowl movements from your dog. Cleaning it up well will mitigate a lot of the accidents
3. Fast Your Dog: You’ll want to fast your dog for 12-24 hours ensuring that his belly is empty. Continue giving him water. Putting some probiotic powder in the water is also a good idea. The idea here is to flush out his system and eliminate the culprit bacteria causing his stomach problem.
4. Give Him a Bland Diet: Feed him 100% canned pumpkin (not pumpkin filling). There should be no added sugars to the mix. He’ll love the taste and pumpkin contains healthy fiber to regulate his system and further flush out the cause of the diarrhea. His next meal should be something easy to digest, like boiled chicken and white rice.
5. Introduce Regular Dog Food: The following day, give him half his normal amount of dog food (maybe even less). Over the course of 3 days gradually increase his feeding to normal amounts.
IMPORTANT: You NEED to understand the root cause of your dog’s Diarrhea or it will continue to come back and plague him. I’ve made this incredibly easy with the link below. Through it, you can learn TONS of other natural cures to dog diarrhea. You’ll also learn preventative measures you can take AND what is causing his diarrhea to begin with.
Check Out —-> Dog Diarrhea Treatment & Prevention
Don’t hesitate. Dog diarrhea problems ARE dangerous if they’re not treated quickly enough. Learn the causes of dog diarrhea right now so you’ll never face this problem again.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Lisa_Whitaker/54388
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1926732